Monday 2 February 2015

Diversity Month TBR | #AYEARATHON

My lovely booktuber friends Alyssa, Kesha, Katie, Kristine and Kerri, are running their second annual Readathon called #AYEARATHON. Where it is a year long readathon with all the months of the year themed out.

This months readathon theme is Diversity and starts today till the 8th of Feb.

Click here to join the group and for more info. 

I am going to set myself seven books as this is a little challenge for myself. Every readaton this year for AYEARATHON I would like to challenge myself to read a book a day as I have never done this before. By setting myself seven books I can choose from a range of books, rather than setting me two or three that I may not be in the mood to read at the time.

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER READING SLUMP GREG.

So here are my chooses for this month;

1) To All The I Boys Loved Before By Jenny Han
This book is about a girl who is korean american which first off is differnt to me cause she is not a kiwi likemyself and she's a girl. Excited to read this one. 

2) What I Though Was True By Huntley Fitzpatrick 
This book is diverses to me because they're a straight couple, where I vouch for the other team and plus they are American. 

3) The Help By Kathryn Stockett
This book is about diversity between to differnt cultures in the 1950's. I've always wanted to read this book plus this is on my shelf, which mean I can cut down on my books I have not read but own. 

4) Eleanor and Park By Rainbow Rowell 
This is a relationship between an american girl and a korean boy. I still have not read a Rainbow Rowell book, so this is going to too change for me hopefully, if not I will leave this book till March as I wanna read all of here books in one go.

5) Aristotle and Dante Discovers the Serects of The Universe By Benjamin Alire Saenz
This book is diverse to me as I never had alot of boys who were my friends because I mostly had girl mates. I love reading about friendships between boys and too see what I've been missing out on. 

6) If You Come Softly By Jacqueline Woodson
I only know that this book is about interracial love, so this will be diverse to me. Plus my friend Kesha from the forsaken 707 on youtube recommended this one to me, so hopefully I get to this one. 

7) The Curious Case of the Dog in The Nighttime By Mark Haddon
This book is diverse to me as I am not good at maths and not 15 years old but I've never read a book quite like this. Also I have this on my self. 

If you are joining in this readathon please give leave a comment with me below/

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone taking part in this readathon.

Greg. x








No comments:

Post a Comment