Tuesday 27 January 2015

Book Review | My Life Next Door By Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door By Huntley Fitzpatrick 
Hardcover, 394 Pages
Dial Books for Young Readers

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.
 


---------------------------------------------------------

My Thoughts
This book was totally amazing, I loved everything about it from the characters. (JASE!!! asdfghjkl) The plot  and I absolutely loved seeing the character development of not only Sam but her mother too (Even though it took alot) Huntley Fitzpatrick's writing is enticing and this book was what I really needed to read at the time. I was reading legend by Marie Lu before this book and it made me go into a slump. So I stopped reading it and then turned to The Duff which then introduced me to this one. This book lifted me right out of the slump and back into my old reading habits again. Woohoo!! I believe this could be due to the fact this book had a great story line with twist ad turns and a cute love story to match. Gaaaah I can't stress enough how much I loved this book.

Do I Recommend this book? 
This book will surpise you so please pick this one up.

Hope you enjoyed this review. 
Greg x

(I wanna change up the way I review books, instead of breaking this book down, I just want to tell you my general thoughts from this book.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment