Saturday 24 January 2015

Book Review | The Duff by Kody Keplinger

The Duff By Kody Keplinger 
Hardcover, 280 pages
Little Brown
Date Finished: 20th January 2015

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone. -Goodreads
-------------------------------------------------
Plot
The plot of this book was intriguing. as nowadays being scrutinized by the way you look, has always been a problem in our social society but what was really refreshing about the plot in this book it showed alot of growth and realism, which I enjoyed. The plot was weaved wonderfully by the writing of Kody Keplinger, which honestly allowed me to carry on reading without any stops. Some parts of the plot were relateable to my life and I feel people too will experience this when reading this book.

Characters
I found the character in this book to be really interesting. I loved the friendship between Bianca "B", Casey and Jess. I loved the stories on how they became friends and you can see they truly appreciate each other so much that they all emphasize one another in a good way. However, I was screaming in head at Bianca too open more to her friends, but I guess being insecure, possibly made her become more reserved. As for Wesley. (ASDFGHJKL) I love la la la LOVE him. Yes he is a jerk, yes he is relativity mean to Bianca and YES HE SO GOD DAMN GOOD LOOKING. He is honestly on the list of book boyfriends that all the girls (and guys) will totes gush over. Reasons for me, thinking so highly of him is his charm, his humor and how he opened up in the book, where we got to see the real Wesley. You must read it, too see it. He is awesome. (Love my Wesley)  

My Thoughts
This book will be on my at Top 20 books I've read this year, I've just have that feeling. Its such a refreshing read and it allowed me to think more regarding issues with self acceptance and being true to yourself. However, we have felt like we were a DUFF in a point of our lives. Its a must read.

Do I Recommend this book?
I recommend this book to you if you are in a slump and need to get out of it. It will help you out and guide you into reading more. This book will keep your mind at ease. It's such a nice easy read.

Hope you enjoyed this post. x

No comments:

Post a Comment