Monday 2 February 2015

DAY ONE: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Serects of The Universe By Benjamin Alire Saenz | #AYEARATHON


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Serects of the Universe By Benjamin Akire Saenz
359 Pages
Simon & Schuster
Hardcover

"Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be." - Goodreads


--------------------------------

I have finished my first book for the #AYEARATHON readathon and boy was it a great book to start off with.


I read this book in total of three and an half hours but in the span between six hours. lol.

Let me explain how I read this book and then I will go into the reviewing part.

I started this book from 4pm and did not finish it till 10pm but

YET I ONLY READ IT IN THREE AND A HALF HOURS? HOW CAN??

For one hour I read one hunderd pages and then for one hour absorbed what I just read, and then so foth until I finished it.

It was amazing for me to do this and I think this may have contributed to me adoring this book,

If you want to do this method give it ago. (Btw in the hour I was not reading, I watched some YT videos and went on twitter. A good way to procastnate and keep motivated.)

This book has now taken over from "The Perks Of Wallflower" spot of being number one of my most favourite book of all time.

Sorry TPOW but second place is still great, plus I do re read you like every year!!!

Also you're between AADDTSIFTU which is now number one and the Lunar Chroncles, which are now in thrid place.

I would be happy with that. haaha (BTW I will make another post on my favourites for yous hahaah)

YOU MUST THINK I'M CRAZY?? bTW This is just my personal opinion and I will tell you why.

This book has hit me hard, meaning I saw myself in this book through the characters, I saw my family in some of the characters of this book, gaaah even my dog too. hahaah.

Even though its not true to my own life (which would be the most weridest coindence ever)

The fact that I can relate too so many things in this book was a the reason why its on top now.

I know this book was ment to be diverse to me but I saw it on the list of the recommendations list of their goodreads page, I added it without knowing the effect it has on me.

But it still counts to this readathon.

BTW I don't really want to review this book, I just wanted to tell you how much this books means to me now and hope you should go and read it.

I want you all to go into it blind and try to absorb like I did.

It might or might not give you the same affect it has given me, but you will still love this book.

Okay thanks for reading this post, please comment below what you're reading for this readathon?

Ka Kite Ano Happy Readers
-Greg x

No comments:

Post a Comment