Tuesday 25 June 2013

Teaser Tuesday | Defiance By C.J Redwine


Defiance By C.J Redwine
Defiance #1
Release Date: September 6th 2013
Publisher: Atom
Format: Paperback (UK)
Pages: 403 pages

"Rachel’s world is confined to the protective walls around her city. Beyond them are violent wanderers, extreme terrain, and a danger straight out of legend: a beast called the Cursed One that devastates everything in its path.
When Rachel’s father goes missing, she is desperate to search for him. But her attempts to flee the city bring her to the attention of its overbearing ruler. His efforts to control her make the world within the walls seem as dangerous as that outside.
Her only chance at escape is Logan. Once her father’s apprentice, and now her only protector, he feels that helping her might mean losing her completely..... Goodreads Summary"


------------------------------------------------------Teaser---------------------------------------------------

Logan

"She's been under my roof for twelve hours. One hour was spent trying to cook and eat a meal without accidentally brushing up against each other and without engaging in conversation. Mostly because she looked shocked and lost, and I had no words that would make it better.
Two point-five hours were spent listening to her move around the tiny loft above me while I worked on a design for a tracking device and told myself no one should have that much power over my ability to concentrate.
The other eight-point-five, we slept. Or she did. I hope she did. I lay awake for more hours than I care to recall listening for a telltale catch in her breathing that would tell me how deeply she must be hurting. She  remained silent, and I remained mostly sleepless......Chapter Four, page 23"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like this post
I will be posting more Teaser Tuesdays in 
the future. 
There will be no Top Ten Tuesday this week
or the next.
Because I want to do more of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment